Here comes the 6th part of the series “Summarized SEO world” and its about Content Optimization.
Content optimization became one of the most important Strategies in the world of Google’s zoo of black & white Animals.
Yes, the first animal Google Panda which specially attacks to the sites which has low quality and copied content. Because of this update content became more valuable as if you have good content you site will be good in SERPs.
It’s very clear that to get the best results in Google we need unique and engaging content and also to make them rank well in SEs we need to optimize them for search engines.
Lets learn how to optimize content for search Engines:-
There are few things we should do always before writing the content:-
1. Choosing best topics: If you are writing for readers as well as SEs then you should find out the topics which interests your readers and also which are in trend or being searched by a huge number of people.
2. Keyword analysis: After choosing the topic, find out the best searched keywords which you can do with keyword research tools such as Google adword keyword tool.
3. Write a catchy post title:– Post title is always important because people finds your post in SEs through your title so if your title is monotonous then chances of their landing on your post becomes less.
So write a catchy title which includes one of your targeted keyword to make your post more searchable and appealing.
Above things should be done before writing the post but when you sit to write the post you should keep few more things in mind such as:-
- You are writing for your readers.
- You need traffic from search engines.
- Your post should be well written and error free.
- You need to build readership.
Ok So how should you optimize your content for search engines?
Proper placement of keywords:- As I have mentioned above that you need to research keywords before writing your blog post. Now after selecting 2-3 good keywords your work is to use it in your content in a proper and ethical way.
Yes, while placing keywords in the content you should always be careful about not stuffing them because keyword stuffed content never looks good to readers as well as Search Engines. Google might penalize you for doing this. Around 2% keyword density is good enough.
I have shared some tips in my interview with Minuca Elena that you can check out for some updated information on SEO
The best places to use your keywords in the content are:-
First Paragraph the Post:- Always use the main keyword in the very first paragraph of your post.
In headings and sub-headings:- If you use H1, H2 tags in your post as headings and subheadings then it is always good to use the keyword there.
In Image name and alt text: As images are also the part of content you should optimize them too. I will write the post in detail in the next SEO post on Stoogles. But for now let me tell you that you should use keywords while naming the images and writing the alt text for them.
Above are the best places where you can make use of keywords to optimize your content for search engines.
Few points about highlighting your keywords. You can do anyone from the list to your keywords:-
- Make the keywords bold.
- Make the keywords italic.
- Make the keywords underlined.
These are basic things you can do while writing and crafting your content. Apart from these tips always proofread your content to make sure that they are error free.
Bonus Tips:Always make use of proper interlinking your other posts. Select the relevant anchor text while linking your other posts.
If you love the post then please share it with your circle and share your views via comment section.